The Pressurized Entrained Flow Reactor (PEFR) and the Laminar Entrained Flow Reactor (LEFR) can perform pyrolysis, gasification, and combustion studies on any dry fuel that can be ground into fine particles. They provide highly controlled environments of temperature, gas composition, residence time, and pressure, for studies in reaction kinetics and high temperature gas-solid chemistry.
Anhydro Lab 1 Spray Dryer. This is a 1-meter diameter spray dryer with both spray nozzle type, and rotary type, atomizers. It is capable of producing powders in the range of 10 to 75 microns from liquid suspensions or solutions. We have used it extensively for preparing black liquor for gasification studies. It is also available as a lab service for producing small quantities of powders (up to a few kilograms).
- Pressurized Entrained Flow Reactor
- Laminar Entrained Flow Reactor
- Black Liquor Crystalization Facility
- Anhydro Lab 1 Spray Dryer
How to Request Testing
- Send e-mail to email@example.com with details regarding the nature of the request, the tests required and the problem or issue that is to be resolved. Provide billing contact name and address.
- Samples via courier (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.) may be sent to the attention of:
RBI at Georgia Tech
500 10th St. NW
Atlanta, GA. 30318-5794
If sending by U.S. mail replace the ZIP code with 30332-0620
- A Purchase Order for an amount to cover the costs for the requested testing is required.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Bursar’s Office/A/C Receivable
225 North Avenue, NW
Lyman Hall, Suite #111
Atlanta, GA 30332-0257
A copy of the Purchase Order sent via fax to 404-894-4778 is requested.
- The sender should have the name of the appropriate RBI contact and phone number on their invoices/P.Os
- Receipt of samples coupled with e-mail detailing testing requirements and any background information initiates the generation of an internal project and officially starts the project.
- The work request is queued with others in order of time of receipt of samples. Work requests may be expedited under special circumstances.
- A report will be issued within the agreed turnaround time.
- Bills are sent separately by mail through the GT accounting system.